It is important to choose the right cosmetic surgeon if you have decided to take a cosmetic procedure.
The surgeon should have optimal experience, the right skill set, and insurance to carry out the procedure.
Talk to the Cosmetic Surgeon
Book a consultation with the surgeon who is going to do the procedure.
Ask the surgeon the following questions.
- How many successful procedures have they done?
- Qualifications and the training they have.
- Are they a member of a relevant professional association?
- Complications of the procedure and how to manage if anything goes wrong?
- What kind of aftercare to expect, and who will look after you?
- How much the treatment will cost?
Also, let the practitioner tell you exactly.
- How will be the surgery done?
- How long the cosmetic surgery take?
- Whether any anesthetic needed?
- How long will the results and recovery last?
- Potential risks and complications
Post Consultation Cooling-off period
After your consultation, your practitioner or consulting surgeon should give you a cooling-off period to decide whether you want to proceed with the cosmetic procedure.
You can ask for further information from your consultant in any form that might help you to take a decision.
Note that your consulting surgeon should not force you or convince you to take a decision immediately.
Check if your Surgeon and Hospital is Qualified
It is primal to check if your surgeon or hospital is qualified to conduct cosmetic surgery in the United States of America.
How to check if a doctor is a board certified in Plastic Surgery?
- Check whether the doctor is certified in the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- Check if the doctor is a member of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons
Check whether the surgeon is on the line of updation by being a member of trusted academies like American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
Advice on Botox Injections
Botox injections are prescription only and so, make sure you use the botox injections prescribed by a certified practitioner.
The person giving the injections does not be the same person who gave the prescription. But the practitioner should ensure that the person is entitled to provide you with the botox injections.
Advice on Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are used for a various range of purposes, including lip, nose, etc.So make sure you ask the practitioner.
- Name of the product
- Where the product came from
- Qualifications, training, and experience they have in dermal fillers application.