In the United States, one-third of the population is overweight. While not the most serious health condition, it does have plenty of negative connotations: people with excess weight often get bullied, are unemployed, and suffer from a lack of self-esteem.
Some people resort to radical diets, which are often dangerous and rarely work; others turn to surgery for a quick fix. However, a more efficient and safe way to get rid of the excess fat is by trying coolsculpting.
Coolsculpting is a body contouring treatment that destroys fat cells with no harm to the skin or underlying tissue. Love handles are the fat that bulges when someone sits down and is usually visible below the waistline.
It may be associated with other health problems like heart disease and high blood pressure. With CoolSculpting, you will improve your body’s general shape and help avoid health problems or even get rid of them altogether.
However, let’s have a look at whether or not CoolSculpting love handles treat the fat below your waist.
How Can CoolSculpting Help to Get Rid Of Love Handles?
CoolSculpting love handles works by freezing fat cells in the area you want to lose fat. Since fat cells freeze more quickly than other tissues, they are killed when CoolSculpting applicators are placed on them.
However, CoolSculpting only targets the fat cells in the area, so it does not cause any damage to tissue or skin, making it a safe alternative to liposuction. CoolSculpting love handles reduce fat through a non-surgical procedure and do not require downtime.
You can resume your normal activities as soon as you feel good enough. Love handles are one of the most resistant fat deposits to get rid of with diet and exercise. Fat cells are most effectively treated when they are frozen right under the skin in a specific area so that they can be eliminated with no further damage to other tissues.
CoolSculpting applicators target the fat cells in this area and freeze them until the body eliminates them when applied to the love handles. Love handles, also known as the “saddlebags,” are typically located on the upper arms, thighs, or lower abdomen.
The amount of fat in these areas also varies from one individual to another so that you can consult with your doctor for the best area for treatment. Moreover, it is also important to keep in mind that you will have less fat the faster and more aggressively you lose weight.
With CoolSculpting love handles, you can lose up to 20% fat after a few sessions. Additionally, there are a few benefits of CoolSculpting love handles as follows:
- Boosts Confidence
After a few sessions, you will start seeing noticeable results, boosting your self-esteem and making you feel better about yourself. The physical rewards of the procedure are obvious: It makes you look slimmer and more attractive due to reshaping your figure by removing excess fat from certain areas.
- Quite effective
Some people suffer from metabolic disorders such as type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. Their metabolic problems cause the cells in their body to produce more fat and are often resistant to intense exercise and diet changes. Based on these facts, a person with these conditions can benefit from CoolSculpting love handles by quickly getting rid of the fat.
- Better health
Love handles cause major back problems such as lower back pain and slipped discs, also known as herniated discs. It is highly recommended to get rid of the fat underneath your love handles.
- Reduce Chances of Heart Disease
Love handles are associated with a greater risk of heart disease and strokes due to their fatty qualities. Studies show that the presence or absence of this area can directly impact the likelihood of a person suffering from these diseases. With CoolSculpting love handles, you will be able to get rid of fat in this area and eliminate your chances of heart disease.
Preparation And Procedure For Coolsculpting Love Handles
Starting with the preparation, CoolSculpting requires no fasting or special preparation before the procedure, and you will not have to lie down for hours. CoolSculpting also requires no anesthesia as it is a painless procedure, and you can even get back to your normal activities as soon as you feel good enough.
When CoolSculpting love handles are administered, the treatment process is as follows:
- Firstly, your doctor will mark the areas that must be treated with a massage gel and a skin marking pen.
- Following this, your treatment provider will apply the device to these areas and use it to freeze the fat cells. You might feel some tingling sensation during this, which will go away after the procedure.
- The procedure might take up to 35-60 minutes.
- The last step in the CoolSculpting process is the treated area is massaged and cooled. There might be some discomfort in the treated area. It is temporary and will go away when you get up from the chair.
- After the procedure is over, you can resume your normal activities immediately.
Am I An Eligible Candidate For Coolsculpting Love Handles?
Firstly, it is important to consult with your doctor or a CoolSculpting specialist to determine if you are a suitable candidate for CoolSculpting. The perfect CoolSculpting love handles candidate is an individual who is generally fit, with a healthy lifestyle and exercise routine.
This person should also have realistic treatment expectations since the amount of fat frozen and eliminated with one treatment is not very significant. It may seem like candidates who fit this description — candidates dedicated to living a healthy lifestyle — wouldn’t have any use for CoolSculpting, but this is far from the truth.
If you have been dedicated to living a healthy lifestyle, you may have already reached your goal weight and are still looking for ways to improve your physique. In such a case, you can consult with your doctor to determine if CoolSculpting love handles are right for you.
Moreover, an ideal candidate must be within 30 pounds of the weight goal. It would help if you also get your doctor’s opinion on the shape, size, and location of fat deposits so that they can determine which areas are suitable for treatment.
However, CoolSculpting Love handles must be avoided by the following candidates:
- Individuals who are suffering from any chronic condition.
- For individuals suffering from cryoglobulinemia. ( A disorder that causes high levels of proteins that will increase higher when exposed to cold.)
- Individuals who are suffering from inflammatory skin conditions such as hives.
- Individuals who are allergic to propylene glycol (the liquid alcohol used as a solvent in food, plastics, antifreeze, and perfume) or isopropyl alcohol (a colorless compound, explosive compound, and pungent odor similar to rubbing alcohol).
- Females who are pregnant or nursing.
- Individuals suffering from lymphatic disorder since the lymphatic system removes frozen fat cells from the body.
However, having any of the above conditions does not necessarily rule you from being a candidate; it is always best to check with a doctor before moving forward. Furthermore, CoolSculpting love handles’ preparation and procedure are simple and safe.
What To Expect After Coolsculpting Love Handles?
After receiving CoolSculpting treatment for love handles, you may observe a mild discomfort in the treated area. It will go away in a couple of hours, and you can resume your normal activities immediately as per your situation.
The effect of Coolsculpting love handles might take weeks to appear. The fats and cells that are frozen will go through the normal cell metabolism process and eventually will be removed from your body.
But, there are several things that you can do to help speed up the process and get a better result.
- Avoid the sun. It is recommended to stay in the shade and avoid direct sunlight for a week or two after CoolSculpting Love handles.
- Avoid intense workouts. It is also recommended to avoid high-intensity workouts following the CoolSculpting procedure to allow your body time to recover and your skin time to heal properly.
- Avoid smoking as much as possible since you don’t want chemicals entering your body while still healing.
- Avoid alcohol and soft drinks until your skin heals completely.
- Avoid eating any fatty or salty foods for the first few days after treatment since this will cause water retention, hindering the body’s natural process of eliminating frozen fat cells.
In addition, there might be some minor side -effects after CoolSculpting Love Handles:
- The treatment area might have some redness and mild pain for a few days following the procedure. It will go away on its own after a couple of weeks.
- Minor tenderness such as tingling or itching might be experienced. It, too, will improve over time.
- There might be some bruising and swelling in the treated areas after a couple of weeks following the procedure. The bruises and swelling will go away on their own within a few hours.
Coolsculpting Love Handles; The Result
Even though the results of Coolsculpting love handles might not be immediately visible, you will begin to see a difference within the first couple of weeks. You might start to notice that your clothes fit better and that your waistline looks slimmer.
Regarding the appearance of the treated areas, some patients report that they have regained their pre-pregnancy bodies with more fat removal from their waistline following treatment. After a few weeks, you will notice progressive changes in your body.
As per the studies, CoolSclupting love handles significantly reduce the overall fat levels by about four inches in the waistline and about one inch of fat from the waist, hips, and thighs.
The results of CoolSculpting love handles might be more evident in patients who have gone through other weight-loss procedures before. As a result, they may expect to experience permanent changes in their body.
Moreover, the CoolSculpting love handle can reduce your side bulges by up to 25% per session. Finally, keep in mind that even if the results of Coolsculpting love handles might not be visible immediately, they are permanent if you maintain them.
A few tips to maintain the results include eating a healthy diet and keeping a strict exercise routine. Furthermore, it is always advisable to consult your doctor once you complete the procedure to maintain a healthy lifestyle, excellent for your overall health.
Coolsculpting love handles has proven to be an effective method of reducing weight in the folds of the abdomen and the thighs. The procedure is a non-surgical method; it works by freezing away fat cells that are usually there in these areas.
The procedure takes very little time, and you can expect to see the results after just a few weeks. However, you will need to commit yourself entirely to the diet and exercise regime you follow to see substantial results.
As a result, you will no longer have love handles following your Coolsculpting love handles treatment.
What does CoolSculpting love handle cost?
The cost of CoolSculpting love handle varies from one cosmetic surgery center to another, depending on the surgeon’s experience, location, and other factors. But since this is an effective treatment for reducing fat from the waistline area, it is worth investing your money in.
Most insurance plans will cover the cost if you want to go for it. In addition, you can even get CoolSculpting love handles cost at discounted rates if you do your research in advance and find the right clinic for yourself.
Can I still have Coolsculpting Love Handles if I am currently on antibiotics?
Yeah, you can take them as well. It won’t affect your CoolSculpting love handles procedure in any way as long as you follow the preventive measures that your doctor will guide you further on. However, it is best to inform your doctor of any medication you are on, just in case.
How often should I come to be treated?
You can choose to visit the clinic as often you like, but it is usually recommended a series of two or three treatments, depending on how long it has taken fat to accumulate in the folds of your skin.
However, it is advised to give your body a few weeks or months between treatments to make sure the fat cells have entirely disappeared before you go through another procedure.