Taking care of breast health plays a vital role in every woman’s life. Most women experience different changes in their breasts during various stages of their lifetime. It is essential to observe every minute change to keep yourself away from dangerous diseases. Pores can occur in any part of your body. Breasts are not an exceptional case. Sometimes, you may witness large pores or pimples on your breast. It can be normal or abnormal based on the type. Usually, large open pores on the breast are a common scenario.
In this article, we can discuss different treatments and products available for large pores in the breast and various methods to prevent large pores in breasts.
What Causes Large Pores On Breasts?
- High levels of oil (sebum) production: Enlarged pores occur when sebum production is more. Each pore on our skin has a sebaceous gland that secretes sebum. When these sebaceous glands produce more oil, it may cause more oiliness on your skin. Yes, this sebum plays the role of a moisturizer for your skin. But, this excess oil production will cause other issues.
- Thick hair follicles: It is normal to have hair on the breast. This hair grows from hair follicles that have their position under the pore. Thus, we will have enlarged pores if the hair follicles are large.
- Reduced elasticity around pores: Age is the specific thing that plays a vital role in this. Aging makes so many changes to our bodies. One of the changes is the reduced elasticity of the skin as the age factor reduces your collagen production and makes your skin less firm. Thus, your skin becomes saggy, and the pores become larger.
- Genetics or heredity: In some cases, pore sizes depend on genetics. If your parents have enlarged pores, you might be getting it through genetics. You can see these large pores on your breasts, cheeks, forehead, and nose. If you neglect this at any cost, the dead skin may build up more and stretch out the pores.
- Sun damage: Sun damage may thicken your skin and lead to bigger pores. It can also remove the collagen, moisture, and elastin from your skin and make your pores look bigger.
What Are The Treatments For Large Pores On Breasts?
- You can use a topical application like Vitamin C or AHAs that improve collagen production and elasticity. Thus, it prevents skin sagginess, fine lines, and wrinkles and treats open pores.
- Oral medications like antiandrogens and oral retinoids can reduce pore size by causing oil glands to shrink. It is an effective method that many use.
If you do not feel satisfaction in any of the self-treatments, then it is better to consult a doctor as soon as possible. The doctor will diagnose the issue and suggest the best treatment based on the need. You should see a doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Swelling near the breast area
- Difficulty in breathing
- pain or discomfort in the throat for a long time.
- We can treat this with some dermatological procedures. It is the last option if you do not notice any results with topical medicines. In severe open-pore conditions, you can undergo one of these dermatological procedures like chemical peels, micro-needling, and lasers. This method can reduce the pore size effectively.
- Chemical peels: This procedure involves the removal of the outermost dead skin layer through chemicals. These chemicals can be trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, or anything else. You can exfoliate the dead cells from your breast surface with this method. It can reduce excess sebum production and thus, reduce the occurrence of open pores by controlling pore size.
- Laser treatment: Laser treatment will boost collagen production and elastin in the skin. You can treat large pores due to age and improve skin texture and firmness through collagen production and elastin improvement.
- Microneedling: Microneedling is an advanced procedure that treats open pores and gives you instantly firmer, smoother skin. It is an effective method to reduce the pore size by tightening the skin.
Best Products For Large Pores On Breasts
Products with the following secret ingredients can treat and shrink large pores on your breast. They are
- Retinol: Retinol, a vitamin A derivative, can reduce the appearance of acne, fade hyperpigmentation, reverse sun damage, and even shrink pores on your skin. Retinoids will increase collagen production and keep your skin plump, smooth, and youthful. It also increases cell turnover and unclogs the pores. Thus, your pores will become unclogged and small in size.
- Salicylic acid: When oil or dirt particles clog your pores, it will become more visible and different. You can use a cleanser product that contains salicylic acid to treat the large pores on your breast. Many research proved that salicylic acid unclogs the pores. So, you can use salicylic acid products daily to shrink the pores as they are gentle enough to use.
- Azelaic acid: Azelaic acid is another ingredient that can control acne and protect your pores from getting clogged. It can gently exfoliate the skin, go deep within the pores, and remove dead skin cells that cause clogged pores.
- Lactic acid: Lactic acid can reduce the appearance of enlarged pores by cleaning the dead skin cells, oil, and other makeup residues from the pores. Thus, products that contain lactic acid keep your pores clean and small.
Tips To Prevent Large Pores On Breasts
Pores sizes are genetically connected. So there are fewer possibilities to diminish large pores on your breasts completely. But you can have a try with some home remedies. You can get rid of large pores on breasts quickly by trying the techniques mentioned below. It will be easy to continue for a lifetime.
- Cleanliness is always an essential thing for human beings. We need to keep our bodies clean to avoid unwanted adverse effects. Washing or cleaning your breast area twice with a mild and gentle product will reduce the enlarged pores.
- Do not allow sweat to stay long on your breasts. If you have a large pore, this activity may worsen the condition and cause pimples to form. So, always wipe off the sweat in this area to avoid enlarged pores and bacteria buildup.
- Sun exposure causes most changes in the human body. It may affect our body in various aspects. Avoiding direct sun exposure to the breast area can be an effective treatment to treat enlarged pores. It can reduce the future side effect and new pores enlargement.
- Use oil-free sunscreen, moisturizer, and other skin products as these oil-free products do not clog the pores. When we use oil products, the oil content may stay inside your pores and expand the pore size. Thus, cutting down the oil products will treat enlarged pores.
Even though large pores depend on genetics and other values, self-hygiene can be the better way to reduce unwanted effects. Large pores on your breast are not a big deal until you experience pain or discomfort. Only an experienced physician can diagnose and treat it with exact treatments.