Coolsculpting is an FDA-approved non-invasive procedure that freezes fat cells to reduce the appearance of cellulite. One of the popular treatments used in this procedure is for the face. Many people feel self-conscious about their face because it does not look like the other two or have trouble spots.
A Coolsculpting procedure can also aid in making a face look more youthful and firm. However, many people still wonder if this procedure is adequate for their face, and it often becomes the first question asked about the process.
Here, we’ll explore if these treatments are effective or not and everything you need to know about Coolsculpting for the face.
How Coolsculpting The Face Works?
Coolsculpting is a non-invasive procedure designed to freeze fat cells to destroy them. The application of cold temperature to these fat cells will make them die, and as they break down, they will be naturally removed by your body. Coolsculpting is very different from weight loss through diet and exercise, which is why it works so well.
Coolsculpting for the face is very natural. The result is a noticeable reduction in the fat cells in all three layers: the upper, middle and lower. As a result, you’ll be able to see an improvement in your facial features.
Fat tissues are more sensitive to cold than other tissues. Exposing the fat cells to cold temperatures will destroy them and cause them to die so that they can be naturally removed from the body by your lymphatic system. So, you’ll see benefits in the long run.
However, certain essential features of Coolsculpting are mentioned below:
- It is a non-invasive procedure: This procedure is entirely non-invasive, and there are no incisions or cuts that need to be made. It is one of the most common techniques performed today by plastic surgeons worldwide, with over a million people using this procedure.
- Coolsculpting has no downtime: There is no need to rely on painkillers when undergoing Coolsculpting as there is no pain, suffering, or pain after the procedure. The recovery period is short so that you can do it in your regular day’s schedule, and you will return at the same time you left.
- Coolsculpting is FDA approved: Coolsculpting is a medical procedure in the U.S, which is considered a safe procedure and has been FDA-approved for the face and other areas of the body.
- CoolSculpting targets stubborn areas of fat: The CoolSculpting procedure works by destroying fat cells in the three layers of your skin. It can target stubborn fat areas commonly found under the chin, neck, shoulders, and around the back, hips, and belly.
- CoolSculpting is safe: Since there are no incisions or cuts, it is improbable that you will get any infections. Even if one does occur, it will be treated with tablets, not affecting your final result.
How Is The Coolsculpting Treatment Of The Face Done?
The Coolsculpting procedure takes less than an hour. It is done in the doctor’s clinic, and it is a safe, non-evasive procedure. The complete process of Coolsculpting is divided into three parts:
- Before Your CoolSculpting Procedure Begins
Before your Coolsculpting appointment, you will be asked to do a patch test; so you can be sure that you are not allergic to the procedure. You should wear loose, comfortable clothing for your treatment.
Your treatment might start with a consultation with the doctor, and then you will be asked to lie down on a table, after which the doctor will mark the area of the face that needs to be treated first.
The marking is done to indicate the proper placement of the Coolsculpting applicator. A Coolsculpting applicator is a tool that provides freezing temperature to the fat cells.
- During the CoolSculpting Procedure
The doctor might then begin the procedure by cleansing the treatment area and applying a cooling agent or a gel pad. It works as a cooling agent and ensures that the treatment area remains cool throughout the session.
Then, the applicator will be placed on your face, and you will hear some beeps. You might also begin to feel a slight tugging and cooling sensation within the first five to ten seconds as the applicator sucks your skin and fat between the cooling plates.
Additionally, during the treatment, the doctor will be checking the area for signs of discomfort. You may also be asked to bite down on a mouthguard. Once you begin to feel pain, please notify the doctor immediately to rectify whatever is causing this discomfort.
The treatment time varies depending upon the area being treated. Lastly, the doctor might vigorously massage the treated area to increase blood flow, break up treated fat cells and enhance fat reduction.
- After Your CoolSculpting Procedure
After your Coolsculpting treatment, you may get some cooling agents or a gel to apply at home for the same purpose. Additionally, you will also get some anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving tablets for a few days after the treatment, just in case you experience any post-treatment pain.
How Long Does Coolsculpting Face Take To See Results?
It depends on the treatment area. For small areas, the results will be visible immediately after the treatment. The remaining fat cells will continue to die, and then your body will break them down naturally.
Additionally, it depends entirely on your body and its response to coolsculpting. Generally, it may take about six weeks for a face to see the final results, visible after about two weeks.
However, some people may see the results sooner, and others may see the consequences later. Specific tips to improve your results for the face are mentioned below:
- A good diet is an essential factor in achieving good results with Coolsculpting. Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet and your exercise regime can improve the results of Coolsculpting.
If you combine these two things, the results will be visible much faster as it takes some time for the dead fat cells to be broken down and removed by the body, which results in a reduced appearance of fat in the treatment area.
- Do not smoke, as this is also harmful to your body and slows down your body’s metabolism, which may delay the process of fat reduction.
- Massaging the treated area can help improve your results, and it is one of the best ways to see better results. However, a massage for 2-3 times a day and about 5-10 minutes each time can make you feel better. You should always use good-quality massage oil to enhance blood flow to the treated area.
Read your doctor’s instructions closely and follow them closely. Once you are comfortable with your results, it is advisable to book an appointment for maintenance other than an annual check-up.
What Are The Benefits Of A Coolsculpting Face?
There are several advantages of having the Coolsculpting treatment for your face. There are many more advantages than disadvantages.
- Your skin will not sag; the first advantage of having Coolsculpting for your face is that it will prevent it from sagging. The treatment can be done on your face to remove fat and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Your face will maintain its youthful appearance with a more toned look.
- Your skin will be smoother and softer; Coolsculpting for your face can make your skin smoother and softer because it tightens the skin from underneath. Your complexion will improve as you have less fat on your face.
- Natural results; at the end of the treatment, your skin will be tighter and smoother. It will not look taut like a routine surgery, but it will give your face a naturally taut appearance.
- It is a quick procedure; Coolsculpting for the face is quick. The treatment can be performed in an office-based setting so you can schedule your appointment during your lunch break or after work. You will only have to lie on a table for less than 10 minutes.
- Long-lasting result; as you do not have to go for follow-up treatments, Coolsculpting face is a long-lasting solution to your problem. Moreover, you will achieve the results even if you have not lost weight any other way. Therefore, it is excellent for those looking for a solution to lose weight in their face and have been unable to do so.
- Painless treatment; the other benefit of this treatment is that it is painless, unlike most surgical procedures. It will not lead to severe side effects, but you may experience some discomfort during the treatment and some swelling afterward. However, you can easily control the discomfort by taking some painkillers prescribed by your doctor.
Does Coolsculpting Face Have Any Side Effects?
Coolsculpting for your face does not have any side effects. People who have had the treatment have reported no severe side effects caused by Coolsculpting. However, some minor side effects come with this treatment, easily controlled by painkillers.
- Slight Redness: You may experience some slight redness in the treated region after the treatment. It is not a dangerous side effect, but it may last for a few days. You can easily control this by taking some painkillers prescribed by your doctor.
- Swelling: You may start feeling a small amount of swelling or bruising after having the Coolsculpting face procedure done. However, you can easily control the swelling by taking painkillers prescribed by your doctor.
- Reduced sensation in the treated area: Due to the treatment, you may start to feel numbness or reduced sensation in the treated area. You can manage the numbness by consulting with your doctor about the treatment.
Moreover, the side effects vary from person to person. Therefore, it is important to consult your doctor once the procedure is done and ask them about any possible side effects after the Coolsculpting face treatment.
Coolsculpting is one of the best treatments available for reducing the fat on your face. The treatment is designed to be painless and convenient to use, so you can get it done by your health care provider.
The final results are long-lasting and easy to maintain, so you will not have to worry about surgery every time you want a new look. However, it is recommended that you consult your provider about the treatment before getting it done.
Can people with oily skin have a Coolsculpting treatment?
Yes, you can have this treatment to remove fat from your face if you have oily skin. Coolsculpting happens by freezing the fat cells under the skin’s surface, and the cooling process does not target people with oily skin differently from those with dry or normal skin.
Is it safe to have multiple Coolsculpting treatments on your face?
Yes, you can have multiple coolsculpting treatments on your face. However, each treatment can only be done a maximum number of times. It is essential to learn about the limits during your consultation with your health care provider. Your provider should explain the limit to you and not do anything beyond this limit.
Is Coolsculpting face safe when you are pregnant?
Coolsculpting is not recommended for pregnant women because it can affect the unborn baby. However, you can talk to your doctor before you get the procedure done and make sure it is safe to do so.
What is the cost of coolsculpting face?
The cost of Coolscultping will depend on the size of the treatment area, and your provider might be able to give you an accurate estimate once you have had your consultation. However, it is common to pay $2000 to $3000 per session.