Sculpsure is a fat removal procedure that uses high-frequency pulses to shrink excessive pockets of unwanted fat. One of the good things about this treatment is that it requires no incisions, stitches, or recovery time.
A study conducted by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) found that over two-thirds of patients who underwent SculpSure treatments noticed an average reduction of 33% in abdominal circumference after their procedures.
However, this should not be taken as a promise. Other studies conducted on patients undergoing SculpSure treatment have shown mixed results. Many patients noticed no difference in their abdomen, while some noticed an increase in abdominal circumference.
SculpSure uses a non-invasive body-side method to deliver high-frequency sound waves to the subcutaneous fat layer, rather than the traditional RF (Radio Frequency) liposuction method.
Although, the after-care and after-effects of SculpSure treatment is a big question wrapped in some research studies. Let’s look at how to maintain and take care of SculpSure results.
What Is Involved In The Sculpsure Procedure?
The process of SculpSure is a non-invasive body contouring procedure that involves delivering controlled frequencies of ultrasound to the fat layer beneath the skin. The tissue heats up and, in turn, destroys the fat cells located within it.
It causes the layer to shrink, trimming excess volume around the problem areas. The SculpSure procedure is not very effective for everyone, and it may not work for patients with enormous amounts of fat to lose.
If a patient has at least 3-4 cm of fat between the most superficial layer of subcutaneous fat and the abdominal muscles, they are a candidate for the procedure. The SculpSure procedure takes less than 30 minutes to complete, it is usually performed in an office setting, and no incisions, anesthesia, or recovery time are required.
However, the SculpSure procedure is very effective on patients who are not willing to undergo invasive liposuction procedures. Although the SculpSure method does not require incisions, bruises, or scars, patients should be warned that their skin may still feel tender for a month or so.
There is no medical evidence to support the safety or effectiveness of SculpSure for patients with diabetes and pregnant women.
Different Type Of Results A Patient May Expect After The Procedure
The results of the SculpSure procedure will vary depending on a patient’s body type and the total fat that needs to be treated. After treatment, most patients lose around 2 inches of circumference around their abdomen, hips, and thighs.
In general, most SculpSure users notice significant changes in the contour of their bodies, with the most notable changes occurring right after their first sessions. Broadly, most patients start seeing the results approximately six weeks after initial treatment.
As per the studies, in the six to twelve-week period following treatment, up to 24% fat loss occurs, and some patients even drop a pant size. However, certain factors that might affect the results of SculpSure include:
- Patient’s body type and history – For example, if a patient has loose skin, is considered “apple-shaped,” and is predisposed to fat accumulation in the abdominal regions, they will likely see more dramatic changes than patients who are overweight and “pear-shaped.
- The patient’s age – Elderly patients tend to lose more fat because they have lost muscle mass with age. They may also see a more significant increase in body size after SculpSure than younger patients.
- Whether the patient is considered “healthy.” It means that the patient has not experienced any severe health problems within the past year.
- The number of treatments a patient undergoes – Results increase with each treatment, and patients might likely lose a more significant percentage of fat at each session.
- Whether the patient is a smoker or is considering starting up again, smoking causes significant cell damage to the skin, and smoking causes more fat to accumulate in the abdominal region than non-smokers do.
After the procedure, often the patients experience different types of results as follows:
- Patients can expect dramatic changes in their body’s contour, including a smaller waist, better-defined and strengthened muscles, and a more toned appearance.
- Patients experience a decrease in cellulite, making them feel more confident about their body shape and size.
- Few patients may experience temporary water retention, leading to weight gain.
- Patients may experience swelling, pain, and bruising at the treatment site.
- SculpSure users usually notice some pigmentation issues around the treatment area.
- In many cases, SculpSure users experience no change in their body’s appearance for several months before seeing their final results.
What Is The Aftercare Process Of Sculpsure?
The process of SculpSure after-care is less than a month after the procedure starts. Many people can resume normal daily activities and duties within four to six weeks, but some patients experience temporary bruising and swelling for a couple of weeks.
However, there are many things that a patient should avoid doing immediately after their procedure.
- Patients should avoid lifting heavy furniture or exerting severe force for several days.
- Patients should not do strenuous exercise or activities for at least six weeks, especially if they are pregnant or have diabetes.
- Patients should avoid consuming fatty foods, as they might cause fluid retention.
- Patients should not use products that contain alcohol, as this may agitate the skin and worsen the bruising.
- Any exercise or daily activity that causes intense pain or swelling should be avoided for at least four weeks after treatment.
- Patients should avoid exposing the SculpSure treatment area to direct sunlight until all signs of redness have disappeared.
- It is recommended to wear loose, comfortable clothes that allow the treatment site to breathe while it heals.
- Patients should lookout for signs of infection. If they see discoloration, swelling, or pain in the treatment area, they should consult their physician right away.
- Patients should not experience any nausea or vomiting during the first 24 hours following treatment. If they do, they should consult their doctor.
- Patients should avoid taking aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for three days after treatment. They should also avoid taking supplements that can interfere with blood clotting for two weeks after treatment.
What Is The Longevity Of Sculpsure Treatment Results?
The longevity of SculpSure treatment results depends on the individual. Many users can maintain their results for more than a year with little or no maintenance. On the other hand, some patients experience fat re-accumulation in the treated area if they gain weight or resume smoking and participate in activities that help retain fat.
However, specific tips for maintaining and optimizing the results of SculpSure are as follow:
- Massage the treatment sight: Massaging the area for a few minutes after the treatment can help enhance the skin’s circulation and improve skin elasticity. You can gently massage the treated area for five to 10 minutes twice a day.
- Drink lots of water: It is advisable to drink at least eight glasses of water daily to keep your body hydrated. It also helps prevent infection. In addition, drinking water helps flush the dead fat cells out of the body.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise can help improve circulation and remove fat cells faster. It also helps maintain skin elasticity. Perform light to moderate cardiovascular exercise regularly. It is important to start exercising within one month of treatment; you can perform a light cardio exercise such as walking, cycling, or swimming at least three times per week after the first two weeks of recovery.
- Apply skin-tightening creams: After the initial recovery, use a skin-tightening cream at least twice a day. It will help prevent your skin from loosening and losing its fullness.
- Eat healthily: Keep your diet and lifestyle as healthy as possible to help clear fat cells in your body; have a balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and lean meat or fish to help maintain nutrition.
- Use body wrap: A body wrap is a treatment method that uses a unique wrapping material to help firm and tighten the skin. It works by helping the skin release water and flushing out dead cells while stimulating the production of new collagen. Try using a body wrap once a month to maintain and optimize the results of SculpSure.
- Take supplements: Taking the right kind of supplements can help accelerate the body’s natural fat-loss process. The fat lost during the process is stored in the body’s cells and can be reabsorbed by using supplements to speed up your metabolism. Generally, a good suggestion is to consume a high-quality multivitamin plus minerals and other vitamins and minerals every day.
Consult your doctor before taking any of the steps mentioned above to maintain and maximize the results of SculpSure.
SculpSure is a revolutionary new FDA-approved non-surgical fat reduction treatment designed to sculpt and contour the body by eliminating localized fat cells. It is a unique, minimally invasive procedure with fewer side effects than traditional liposuction.
A single treatment can reduce fat by up to 25%, while multiple treatments can yield even better results. Sculpsure provides patients with a natural, long-lasting shape without the need for surgery.
While fat can return to the treated area, this can easily be prevented by eating a healthy diet and getting enough exercise. For anyone who wants to achieve a slimmer body without undergoing surgery, SculpSure may be the right choice. This revolutionary new method of body contouring has been proven safe, effective, and fast by thousands of patients.
How much time does it take to heal after SculpSure?
All patients should be aware that the recovery process is a gradual one. Some inflammation and swelling can occur after the fat cells are removed, particularly in the treated area. The degree of discomfort is related to how much fat is removed.
If less than 10% of fat cells are removed from the body, there will be minimal discomfort. Moderate pain will occur during this process if more than 10% of fat cells are being removed at once. In the first few days after treatment, you might have swelling and inflammation. It is recommended to wear loose-fitting clothing that allows the treatment site to breathe while it heals.
Is it possible to treat the same area multiple times with Sculpsure?
Yes. Depending on the patient’s goals, the area you want to treat with SculpSure can be treated as often as every three to six months. The timeframe between treatments depends on the size of the treated area and the amount of fat removed.
The patient should also be aware that it’s best not to have another treatment in the treated area for at least three months to minimize the chances of developing complications.
How many treatments will I need?
There is no exact number of treatments that can be performed. Your treatment choice depends on your individual goals and the amount of fat you want to remove from an area. A typical treatment plan may include one to three sessions in three months.