Your face and skin is the first thing that represents yourself to this world. Do you want to present your flawless beauty to this world? Then try professional diamond microdermabrasion that makes your skin soft, supple, and smooth, without any imperfections, dead skin, and discoloration.
At-home exfoliation is a vital part of a good skincare routine. But it cannot help you completely overcome hyperpigmentation, dullness, and clogged pores. Diamond microdermabrasion can help clear out all these issues and give you a better result.
Now we can discuss the diamond microdermabrasion procedures, eligibility, and other detailed information.
How Does The Diamond Microdermabrasion Act On Your Skin?
Microdermabrasion is a treatment method that treats dull skin and discoloration and makes your skin look youthful.
Following are some additional benefits.
- Even out skin texture: You can get a smoother and radiant skin complexion after this treatment. The suction process stimulates collagen production that helps your skin appear smoother and more youthful than earlier.
- Improves your complexion: Diamond microdermabrasion treatment gently stimulates your skin to promote more blood circulation that gives an instant glow.
- Reduces age marks and dark spots: Sometimes, acne leaves some age spots and dark spots on your skin. When you remove these dead cells from the skin surface, it will give a radiance.
- Enhances product absorption: Diamond microdermabrasion unwanted particles from your skin’s outer surface and allows the anti-aging and skin-bleaching creams and products to penetrate the skin more easily.
- Clears clogged pores: Diamond microdermabrasion works well to get the gunk out of clogged pores. Your skin can breathe well once you remove the dead skin cells. Thus it loosens the excess oil build-up from the skin surface and makes facial extractions easier and less painful.
How much does a microdermabrasion procedure cost?
Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure. So it will not come under your traditional medical insurance companies. This procedure may vary from $100-$150 or more based on the clinical setting. Some places charge you more depending on the cleansing, extraction, and application of various moisturizers and masks.
Am I An Ideal Candidate For Diamond Microdermabrasion?
Only your dermatologist can determine your eligibility for diamond microdermabrasion. But if you want to get rid of your age spots, uneven discoloration, sun damage, shallow wrinkles and lines, minor acne scars, skin texture issues, and clogged pores, you can try diamond microdermabrasion.
- A healthy person with common skin issues or imperfections is eligible for a diamond microdermabrasion procedure.
- Microdermabrasion works well for individuals with mild acne and rosacea and improves and eliminates flaws, and uncovers fresh and undamaged skin.
- If you have undergone a chemical peel or other more invasive treatments like collagen injections, you need to wait a week or two before microdermabrasion treatment.
- Also, eligible candidates should not do tanning or waxing on the treatment site a couple of weeks before the procedure.
- Discuss with your dermatologist some specific instructions set for skin preparation before treatment.
Who is not eligible for a diamond microdermabrasion procedure?
- In general, diamond microdermabrasion is not suitable for pregnant ladies and people with severe and active acne, undiagnosed lesions, deep scars, active keloids, a recent case of herpes, facial warts, autoimmune disorder, and unmanaged diabetes.
- People with these severe or moderate skin defects and deeper lines, creases, or scars can get more benefits from skin procedures like laser therapy and chemical peels.
Is The Diamond Microdermabrasion Safe?
Microdermabrasion, administered by a professional, is the safest procedure for most skin types and color combinations. People with skin concerns like fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, age spots, and brown spots take this treatment more safely. This diamond microdermabrasion is safer for use on areas like eyes and lips. Children above 12 years up to adults age 65 can take this procedure safely without worrying about anything. Above 70, people may have slightly higher risks of bruising and skin abrasions.
Even though diamond microdermabrasion is a safe procedure, there are some side effects.
You can notice a few temporary side effects like slight skin tightness, redness, bruising, and sensitivity. If greater the potential benefits of a cosmetic treatment, more will be the potential risks and side effects.
The possible side effects of microdermabrasion are
- skin tightness,
- minor bruising
- skin sensitivity
- small skin abrasions
- spots of bleeding
- post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- eye-skin bruising (When you take aspirin or other blood thinners)
- fine broken blood vessels (telangiectasia)
Cold sore reactivation may occur after Microderm around your lips in some specific cases. If you have had any previous experience like this, try to avoid this treatment around the lip borders.
Otherwise, you can ask your doctor about taking an antiviral pill prophylactically. Some aggressive diamond Microderm procedures may cause breaks in your skin and result in post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). Persons who use medicines like aspirin, blood thinners, or clopidogrel bisulfate experience bruising sometimes. Persons with thin skin, scleroderma, lupus, severe sun damage, or other conditions may have increased surface blood vessels in some exceptional cases.
Can We Combine Diamond Microdermabrasion With Other Procedures?
Yes. You can combine different treatments with diamond microdermabrasion.
- Diamond microdermabrasion is a perfect procedure that you can have before an oxygen facial. This microdermabrasion procedure will help oxygen and other moisturizing products penetrate better on your skin.
- You can also have diamond microdermabrasion before a Lumi8 LED photo facial.
- Diamond microdermabrasion and micro-needling: Microdermabrasion and micro-needling are two different procedures that remove fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, and sun damage. But, combining these two procedures gives you better results. It will increase collagen production and improve the appearance of wrinkles. You can notice some reduction in inflammation, redness, and swelling in the skin.
- Diamond microdermabrasion with extractions: These methods can be the most effective treatment for patients who struggle more with acne. These combined treatments target acne directly and provide you with everything needed to treat your nasty skin condition.
- Diamond microdermabrasion and microdermabrasion: Some dermatologists or estheticians suggest a treatment that combines dermaplaning and microdermabrasion. During this combination treatment, your skin will lightly exfoliate while removing vellus hair from the skin surface via derma planing. Next, your service provider will start the exfoliating process and skin resurfacing via microdermabrasion. These combined treatments can give you smoother and more youthful skin than following only one procedure.
- Before trying this all, it is essential to meet your therapist and give your brief health history.
- They will examine your skin to ensure that you do not have any contraindications.
- Then they will determine the best possible approaches for your particular concerns and skin type.
- They will cleanse your skin thoroughly and prepare it with a degreasing solution to allow the diamond microdermabrasion procedure to remove the dead cells more effectively.
- Now they perform the diamond microdermabrasion procedure followed by the application of a toner and a moisturizer cream containing sunblock.
- If you wish to include an oxygen facial or Lumi8 LED treatment, this will do this before the toner and moisturizing sunblock lotion application.
Diamond microdermabrasion is one of the most popular cosmetic skin care treatments available, as it does not include any chemicals or anesthesia. Crystal microdermabrasion has been the best treatment for exfoliating dead skin for the past few years. But this procedure will not treat the lines and wrinkles in the mouth and eye area because the tiny crystal particles may get in the mouth or eyes and cause some damage. So if you want to treat the delicate areas around the mouth and eyes, diamond microdermabrasion will be the best option.