How much does Coolsculpting cost?
The average cost of a Coolsculpting treatment is $2,681. The cost of your treatment will depend on several factors:
- The area of your body being treated: Larger areas are more expensive than smaller areas. This is because larger areas require bigger Coolsculpting applicators.
- The number of treatment cycles you require: A treatment cycle is counted each time the applicator is placed on a part of your body. The number of cycles you will require to reach a desired outcome will depend on your body type and how much fat needs to be removed from that area. Additional cycles will remove more fat. For example, an athletic person who has a very small amount of stubborn fat may only require 1 cycle, while a person who is overweight would require 2 or more cycles. Newer CoolsculptingAdvantage applicators are able to perform each cycle in half the time of the original CoolCore tips (30 vs. 60 minutes).
- Your provider’s location: Contrary to popular belief, the cost of your Coolsculpting procedure is likely to be more expensive outside of major cities. This is because there is a much higher concentration of medical offices offering Coolsculpting treatments in major cities and competition tends to drive the costs down.
- Who performs your treatment: The credentials of the person performing your Coolsculpting treatment are factored into the cost. If a doctor performs your treatment, the costs are usually higher than if a medical assistant does it. Doctors, physician assistants, nurses and medical assistants are often qualified to perform Coolsculpting treatments.
Coolsculpting costs by body area
The cost of your Coolsculpting treatment will depend on the size of the area being treated. Larger body areas require bigger applicators. Each applicator has a disposable tip which is replaced between patients. The larger applicator tips are more expensive for the provider to purchase from the manufacturer and this cost is passed along to the patient. The smaller applicators are billed at a retail price of $750 per cycle. The larger applicators are billed at a retail price of $1,500 per cycle. Many practices will discount the price per cycle when multiple treatments are purchased at the same time.
The most expensive areas of the body to treat are the outer thighs, arms and stomach. The cheapest areas are the chin, arms and inner thighs.
- Chin: $1,200-1,500.
- Arms: $1,500-2,800
- Outer Thighs: $3,000-4,000
- Inner Thighs: $1500-$3000
- Stomach: $2,400-2,800
- Flanks: $1,500-3,000
Coolsculpting cost by location
The average cost of your Coolsculpting treatment will vary by location.
- New York: $1,800
- Los Angeles: $1,650
- Austin: $2,100
- Denver: $2,200
- Detroit: $1,900
Will insurance cover my Coolsculpting treatment?
Coolsculpting is an elective cosmetic treatment and will not be covered by your health insurance company.
Are Coolsculpting treatments ever discounted?
The manufacturer of Coolsculpting (Zeltiq) requires that all practices abide by their treatment pricing and discount guidelines. Within these guidelines, practices can decide how much of a discount they would like to offer a patient. It is common for practices to provide a discount for patients who buy 2 or more treatments upfront.
Coolsculpting financing options
You can finance your Coolsculpting treatment through one of several loan providers listed below: